At the Université de Moncton, professional development is more than just training!
The Continuing Education Office of the Université de Moncton is proud to contribute to your professional development. The professional development activities have been designed to ensure an immediate integration in the workplace. Our experienced instructors will meet your training needs in an effective manner. Our training opportunities are based on useful knowledge that, in addition to improving your performance at work, will provide you with the tools needed for improved results. You will have an opportunity to interact with people who perform similar work as you do, to review real case studies and to propose solutions. No matter what type of training you choose, by investing in professional development, you invest in your own future.
Society for Continuing Education and Training (SOFEDUC)
The General Management of the Continuing Education Office of the Université de Moncton is a member of the Société de formation et d’éducation continue or Society for Continuing Education and Training (SOFEDUC). Founded in 1988, the SOFEDUC’s mandate is to certify organizations that are able to offer continuing education units within non-credited continuing education activities that meet high standards of quality. www.sofeduc.ca
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Granting CEUs is a testament to the quality of training. For most of our training opportunities, such units can be granted. A CEU is granted for each 10-hour segment of participation in a structured training activity approved by an evaluation or an activity or exercise related to the objectives. A certificate of success indicating the number of units obtained will be provided by the General Management of the Continuing Education Office of the Université de Moncton for most of the professional development activities.
The Continuing Education of the Université de Moncton is a member of the Society for Training and Continuing Education (SOFEDUC), which defines Continuing Education Unit as follows:
‘‘One CEU represents 10 hours of participation in a structured training activity that is organized and facilitated by an accredited organization, competent trainers, and sanctioned by an evaluation.’’
The benefits of the CEUs
For the participant
- Highlighting his or her skills
- Accumulation of a training record. This record are available upon request
- Formal acknowledgement of the learning in a training activity
- Support of the personal steps in order to recognize the learned skills in the school, college and university system
- Maintenance of a professional accreditation if necessary
For the employer
- Undeniable assurance of the appropriateness and quality of training received by the personnel
- Real guarantee of the quality of academic and administrative management of the non-credited continuing education activities
- Stimulating professional enrichment of the participants in the training program through the delivery of certificates of success and the accumulation of CEUs
- Concrete evaluation of the training activity
Quality Assurance and Continued Improvement Policy
Quality can be defined as a compliant response to the needs of the clients. It is a fair balance between the demand, the needs and the expectations of the clients and the resources at his or her disposal. Continued improvement is the perfect appropriateness between the evaluation of the client’s satisfaction and the means put into place to ensure the necessary follow-up. For each training activity offered by the Professional Development Centre, the General Management of the Continuing Education Office makes the following commitment:
- Treat the clients with respect;
- State in writing what is expected of the person at the end of the training activity or program;
- Base the goals on the training needs;
- Offer training opportunities designed, supported and delivered by a competent staff;
Evaluate each training activity based namely on:
- The level of preparedness of the person in charge of training,
- The content of the training,
- The level at which the stated learning goals were reached,
- The value of the training methods and strategies,
- The value of training as related to the job,
- The level of satisfaction regarding the training,
- The level of satisfaction regarding the administrative services and
- The level of satisfaction regarding the physical and technological installations.
In addition, the General Management of the Continuing Education Office of the Université de Moncton commits to offering quality training opportunities that comply with the expectations and needs of the clients.
The General Management of the Continuing Education Office is also an active member of several professional groups or associations within the business and professional development sectors, such as:
- the Chambers of Commerce,
- the Conseil économique du Nouveau-Brunswick (CÉNB),
- the Canadian Society for Training and Development (CSTD),
- and LearnNB (the CSTD’s provincial chapter),
- the Human Resources Association of New Brunswick (HRANB), among others.